Simmer the chick’n.Simmer the chick’n.Prepare your Seitan
- Simply add one cup of water to one bag of seitan mix.
- In a large bowl, knead the mixture for a few minutes, until it takes shape (about 3 mins)
- (It will form into a stretchy dough)
- Break off small pieces of dough (1-2 tbsp each) to form your chick’n pieces. Keep in mind that these will expand before frying. Set aside.
Simmer your Seitan
- Boil your broth or broth mixture (I reccomend the vegetarian chicken broth powder at Bulk Barn or Better than Boullion Chicken free broth mix, OR President's Choice chicken free broth - all options are vegan)
- Add the broth to a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Place your chick’n pieces into the broth.
- Turn the heat to low and place a lid on the pot. Let simmer for about 20-30 minutes until the pieces have approximately doubled in size.
- Deep fry, or Air fry until crispy. They will float to the top if deep frying. If Air frying, I recommend tossing generously in oil before Air frying.
- Air Fry at 375°F for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through and spraying the other side with nonstick spray.
- **If you've tried these wings at events, they are not breaded and they are deep fried**
OPTIONAL bread your Seitan
- Create the flour coating. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and chili powder for the flour coating.
- Coat and air fry the pieces. For each piece of chick’n, remove it from the broth, coat in the flour mixture, and place it in the air fryer.
- Deep Fry OR Air Fry; Spray the pieces generously with oil. Air Fry at 375°F for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through and spraying the other side with nonstick spray.