Prepare your Seitan
- Simply add one cup of water to one bag of seitan mix.
- In a large bowl, knead the mixture for a few minutes, until it takes shape (about 3 mins)
- (It will form into a stretchy dough)
- Break off small pieces of dough (~1-2 tbsp each) to form your chick’n pieces. Keep in mind that these will expand before frying. Set aside.
Simmer your Seitan
- Boil the broth mixture. Add the broth and water to a large pot over high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer the chick’n. Place your chick’n pieces into the boiling mixture.
- Turn the heat to low and place a lid on the pot. Let simmer for about 20-30 minutes until the pieces have approximately doubled in size.
Air fry your Seitan
- Create the flour coating. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and chili powder for the flour coating.
- Coat and air fry the pieces. For each piece of chick’n, remove it from the broth, coat in the flour mixture, and place it in the air fryer.
- Spray the pieces with nonstick spray. Air Fry at 375°F for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through and spraying the other side with nonstick spray.