Street City Vegan
Let's Make Orange Seitan with @cookwithnikinat
"Panda Express Style" Orange Seitan
This recipe combines orange juice, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce.
Follow @cookwithnikinat for more delicious recipes! 💚💚
1 tablespoon oil
¼ teaspoon chili flake
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ginger, minced
1 small onion, diced
3-4 mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup sugar (50 g)
¼ cup brown sugar (55 g)
¼ cup orange juice (60 mL)
¼ cup white distilled vinegar (60 mL)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Follow the super simple Street City Vegan Seitan Mix package instructions; then pan-fry the seitan pieces until crispy brown. Set aside.
2. Set a heavy bottomed pot over medium- high heat and add the oil. Once the oil begins to simmer, add red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
3. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for a minute until onions are soft.
4. Add the sugar and brown sugar, stir to combine.
5. Add in the orange juice and allow the sugars to begin to dissolve in the liquid, stirring occasionally.
6. Add vinegar and soy sauce, stir to combine.
7. Add cornstarch and water together, whisk to combine. Add to the pan and stir.
8. Continue to cook the sauce until a maple syrup consistency is achieved.
9. Add the fried seitan and stir until completely coated in the sauce.
10. Top with sesame oil & spring onion. Serve with rice or quinoa... DIG IN!! 🦊🙌